Strong people have healthy habits, and that includes healthy mental habits that help create success in life. Here’s a good list of habits to manage emotions, thoughts, and behaviors from Amy Morin, a licensed clinical social worker. It’s well worth referring to in the morning before heading out for the day, then again at night as check-in and recap before bed. For more detail about each habit, visit Amy Morin’s site or her article on LifeHackForbes.
1. Wasting Time Feeling Sorry for Themselves
2. Giving Away Their Power
3. Shying Away from Change
4. Wasting Energy on Things They Can’t Control
5. Worrying About Pleasing Everyone
6. Fearing Taking Calculated Risks
7. Dwelling on the Past
8. Making the Same Mistakes Over and Over
9. Resenting Other People’s Success
10. Giving Up After the First Failure
11. Fearing Alone Time
12. Feeling the World Owes Them Anything
13. Expecting Immediate Results
Mentally strong people have healthy habits. They manage their emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in ways that set them up for success in life.